Zujo Terms of Service Agreement
Last Updated: Apr 13th, 2020
This Zujo Terms of Service Agreement (the “Agreement” or “Terms of Service”) is made between Zujo Tech Pvt Ltd. (“Zujo”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) and you, our customer (“you” or “your”). Zujo provides online video hosting and sharing services through our owned-and-operated websites, applications, and embeddable video players (collectively, the “Services”). This Agreement governs your use of our Services.
- Our Services
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Licenses Granted by You
- Your Obligations
- Term and Termination
- Limitation of Liability
- General Provisions
By creating an account, viewing videos, making a purchase, downloading our software, or otherwise visiting or using our Services, you accept this Agreement and consent to contract with us electronically.
If you are an entity other than a natural person, the person who registers the account or otherwise uses our Services must have the authority to bind the entity. In this context, “you” means both the entity and each person who is authorized to access the account.
We may update this Agreement by posting a revised version on our website. By continuing to use our Services, you accept any revised Agreement.
Service License: Subject to the terms hereof, we grant you access to our Services. This includes the right to:
- Stream videos that you have the right to view;
- Upload, store, and/or live stream videos, subject to your plan;
- Embed our embeddable video player on third-party websites; and
- Use all related functionality that we may provide.
The features available to you will depend on your plan. We may change features from time to time.
Monetization: We may allow you to sell digital goods or earn money through advertising.
Downloadable Software: We may offer applications for devices (“Apps”) directly or through third-party stores.
Developer Tools: We may offer application programming interfaces (“APIs”) that allow developers to build applications connected to our Services.
Enterprise Services: We may offer Services pursuant to an individually-negotiated agreement.
Registration: You may create an account to use certain features we offer (e.g., uploading or live streaming videos). To do so, you must provide an email address. You consent to receive notices from Zujo at this email address.
Organizational Accounts: Corporate, governmental, and other organizational users must publicly display the legal name of their entity on their public account profile.
Age Requirements: You must be at least 13 years old to create an account. If you reside in the European Union, you must be at least 16 years old. If you wish to use the Services for a commercial purpose, you must be at least 18 years old. If you are at least the requisite age, but are still a minor in your jurisdiction, you must have your parent or legal guardian's permission. Please have that person read this Agreement with you and consent to it before proceeding.
Parents and Guardians: By granting your child permission, you agree to the terms of this Agreement on behalf of your child. You are responsible for monitoring and supervising your child's usage. If your child is either under the applicable age or does not have your permission, please contact us immediately so that we can disable access.
Account Security: You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account, including unauthorized activity. You must safeguard the confidentiality of your account credentials. If you are using a computer that others have access to, you must log out of your account after each session. If you become aware of unauthorized access to your account, you must change your password and notify us immediately.
Acceptable Use Policy
We may allow you to upload, live stream, submit, or publish (collectively, to "submit") content such as videos, recordings, images, and text (collectively, "content"). You must ensure that your content, and your conduct, complies with the Acceptable Use Policy set forth in this Section 5. Zujo may (but is not obligated to) monitor your account, content, and conduct, regardless of your privacy settings. Zujo may take all appropriate actions to enforce its rights including removing specific videos or suspending or removing your account.
4.1 Copyright Policy
You may only upload content that you have the right to upload and share. Copyright owners may send Zujo a takedown notice as stated in our Copyright Policy if they believe Zujo is hosting infringing materials. We will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of persons who repeatedly infringe.
4.2 Content Restrictions
You may not submit any content that:
- Infringes any third party’s copyrights or other rights (e.g., trademark, privacy rights, etc.);
- Is sexually explicit (e.g., pornography) or proposes a transaction of a sexual nature;
- Is hateful, defamatory, or discriminatory or incites hatred against any individual or group;
- Is hateful, defamatory, or discriminatory or incites hatred against any individual or group;
- Exploits minors;
- Exploits minors;
- Provides instructions on how to assemble explosive/incendiary devices or homemade/improvised firearms;
- Depicts animal cruelty or extreme violence towards animals;
- Promotes fraudulent or dubious business schemes or proposes an unlawful transaction;
- Makes false or misleading claims about vaccination safety;
- Claims that mass tragedies are hoaxes or false flag operations;
- Depicts or encourages self-harm; or
- Violates any applicable law.
Please see the Zujo Guidelines for guidance on how we interpret these terms.
4.3 Code of Conduct
In using our Services, you may not:
- Use an offensive screen name (e.g., explicit language) or avatar (e.g., containing nudity);
- Act in a deceptive manner or impersonate any person or organization;
- Harass or stalk any person;
- Harm or exploit minors;
- Distribute “spam” in any form or use misleading metadata;
- Collect personal information about others;
- Access another’s account without permission;
- Engage in any unlawful activity;
- Embed our video player on or provide links to sites that contain content prohibited by Section 4.2; or
- Cause or encourage others to do any of the above.
4.4 Prohibited Technical Measures
You will not:
- Except as authorized by law or as permitted by us: scrape, reproduce, redistribute, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, alter, archive, or disassemble any part of our Services; or attempt to circumvent any of our security, rate-limiting, filtering, or digital rights management measures;
- Submit any malicious program, script, or code;
- Submit an unreasonable number of requests to our servers; or
- Take any other actions to manipulate, interfere with, or damage our Services.
4.5 Accessibility and Ratings
We provide means to allow you to include closed captioning in your videos. If required by applicable law, you must provide closed captioning in your videos.
We may allow you to filter videos based upon their user-defined content rating. We cannot guarantee that videos will be appropriately rated by others. You must rate your videos appropriately.
Licenses Granted by You
As between you and Zujo, you own and will retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to the content you submit. In order to allow Zujo to host and stream your content, you grant Zujo the permissions set forth below.
5.1 Your Video Content
By submitting a video, you grant Zujo permission to:
- Stream the video to end users;
- Embed the video on third-party websites;
- Distribute the video via our APIs;
- Make the video available for download;
- Transcode the video (create compressed versions of your video file that are optimized for streaming); and
- Generate stills (i.e., “thumbnails”) from your video to represent it (if you have not selected one).
If you have enabled a video privacy setting or disabled downloading or embedding, we will limit distribution of your video pursuant to your selection. By enabling access to your video to any third party, you grant each such person permission to stream (and/or download or embed, as applicable) your video. For the purposes of this Section 5.1, your video includes its title, description, tags, and other metadata.
The license period begins when you submit the video to Zujo and ends when you or Zujo delete it; provided that Zujo may retain archival copies: (a) for a limited period of time in case you wish to restore it; (b) when the video is the subject of a takedown notice or other legal claim; or (c) when Zujo in good faith believes that it is legally obligated to do so.
5.2 Account Profile
You grant Zujo permission to use your name, likeness, biography, trademarks, logos, or other identifiers used by you in your account profile for the purpose of displaying such properties to the public or the audiences you have specified. You may revoke the foregoing permission by deleting your account.
5.3 Other Content; Feedback
Content that is not covered by the licenses set forth in Sections 5.1 or 5.2 shall be governed by this Section 5.3 (e.g., text you submit in comments). You grant Zujo a perpetual and irrevocable right and license to copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, and display such content through online means in connection with our Services. If you make suggestions to Zujo on improving or products or services, Zujo may use your suggestions without any compensation to you.
5.4 Scope of Licenses
All licenses granted by you in this Section 6: (a) are non-exclusive, worldwide, and royalty-free; (b) include the right and license to copy, use, distribute, publicly perform, and display the licensed work for the purposes stated above; and (c) include all necessary rights and licenses to allow us to exercise our rights and perform our obligations. By granting these licenses, you waive any so-called “moral rights” that you may have. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed a license “condition” applicable to Zujo; rather, any breach of a term by Zujo hereof shall give rise to, at most, a claim for breach of contract only. All licenses granted herein are in addition to any other licenses that you may grant (e.g., a Creative Commons license).
6.1 Representations and Warranties
For each piece of content that you submit to or through Zujo, you represent and warrant that:
- You have the right to submit the content to Zujo and grant the licenses herein;
- Zujo will not need to obtain licenses from any third party or pay royalties to any third party with respect to the streaming or other permitted distribution of the content;
- The content does not, and will not, infringe any third party's rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights; and
- The content complies with this Agreement and all applicable laws.
You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Zujo and its subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents, from and against all third-party actions arising from: (a) the content you submit to or through the Services; and (b) allegations of actions or omissions by you that (regardless if proven) would constitute a breach of this Agreement.
Term and Termination
This Agreement begins when you first use our Services and continues so long as you use our Service or have an account with us, whichever is longer. Paid accounts will continue for the subscription period and will renew in accordance with Section 3 above. With respect to Basic (free) memberships, Zujo may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing thirty (30) days’ written notice, and users may terminate at any time by deleting their accounts.
If you breach this Agreement, Zujo may, at its option: (a) terminate this Agreement immediately, with or without advance written notice; (b) suspend, delete, or limit access to your account or any content within it; and (c) to the extent permitted by applicable law, retain any amounts payable to you (which you forfeit). If Zujo deletes your account for breach, you may not re-register.
In the event of any termination or expiration, the following sections will survive: Section 7.2(Indemnification), Section 9 (Disclaimers), Section 10 (Limitation of Liability), and Section 11 (General Provisions).
ZUJO PROVIDES THE SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU USE THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. You must provide your own device and Internet access.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ZUJO DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Among other things, Zujo makes no representations or warranties:
- That our Services, or any part thereof, will be available or permitted in your jurisdiction, uninterrupted or error-free, or accessible from all devices or browsers;
- Concerning any content submitted by our users;
- That any geo-filtering or digital rights management solution that we might offer will be effective;
- That our Services will meet your business or professional needs;
- That we will continue to support any particular feature or maintain backwards compatibility with any third-party software or device; or
- Concerning any third-party websites and resources.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: ZUJO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, GOODWILL, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES.
Choice of Law: This Agreement will be governed by Law of Indian Constitution (with respect to matters subject to federal jurisdiction such as copyright), without regard to principles of conflicts of law.
Choice of Venue; Jury Trial Waiver: Any action relating to this Agreement or your use of our Services must be commenced in the state or federal courts located in New York County, New York State, United States of America; you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts. IN ANY SUCH ACTION, ZUJO AND YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY.
Reservation of Rights, Severability, Force Majeure:Zujo reserves all rights not expressly granted herein. Zujo’s rights and remedies are cumulative. No failure or delay by Zujo in exercising any right will waive any further exercise of that right. If any term of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that term will be limited or severed. Zujo will not be liable for any delay or failure caused by a force majeure event.
Relationship: You and Zujo are independent contractors of one another; neither party is an agent, partner, or joint venturer of the other. This Agreement binds the parties and their successors, personal representatives, and assigns. You may not assign this Agreement to any person whose account has been terminated by Zujo or who is prohibited from registering; any such assignment will be void.
Third Parties: We may provide links to and integrations with websites operated by others. The website operator, not Zujo, is solely responsible for the content thereof, and your use of each such website will be subject to its terms of service. We may disable integrations with any third party at any time, with or without notice. Except as expressly stated herein, nothing in this Agreement confers any right on any third party.
Entire Agreement: This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties and supersedes all prior understandings regarding the subject matter hereof and may not be modified except in accordance with Section 1 or in a document executed by authorized representatives of Zujo. If you have a signed agreement with Zujo, any conflicting term of that agreement will prevail over the terms hereof, but only as to the subject matter of that agreement.
Notices: You must send any notices of a legal nature to us by email or at:
Zujo Tech Pvt Ltd.
Attention: Data Protection Officer
9th Floor, Infinity Tower,
Surat, Gujarat. India.firstname.lastname@example.org